Pregnancy and Postnatal Care
Pregnancy can have a profound and lasting effect on your body, with many women experiencing physical discomfort at differing stages of their pregnancy and recovery. However, this discomfort doesn’t need to stop you from enjoying this special time.
Physiotherapy treatment can help you with the following
- Pregnancy and Post natal related back and neck pain
- Pelvic pain (instability)
- Abdominal muscle separation (DRAM)
- Carpel tunnel, wrist and thumb pain
- Mastitis (blocked milk ducts)
- Pregnancy group exercise classes
- Return to sport and exercise after child birth
- Pelvic floor assessment and rehabilitation
- Stress urinary incontinence (leaking urine with exercise, laughing or coughing)
Pregnancy Inmotion Workshops
Pregnancy and Birth can be overwhelming and often it is hard to know what to expect, or to know what is normal or what type of exercises are safe to do. Our Pregnancy Inmotion workshops can be taken online or in person. For Further information click here.
Post natal Assessments and Return to Exercise screening
Your six week postnatal assessment performed by a women’s health physiotherapist is different from that given by your G.P or obstetrician.
This assessment will give you a head to toe check, assess your abdominal muscles, core strength and pelvic floor. Assessments are 1 hour giving enough time to address any specific concerns you have about your recovery and help you design a exercise program to aid in your recovery.
Exercise during pregnancy and post-natal period improves core stability and helps to manage aches and pains. It enhances postural control, body awareness flexibility and aids with birth and recovery.